Why should you attend?
Join Sal Khan, founder and CEO of Khan Academy™, and Joel Thomas, former teacher, administrator and NWEA® product expert to see MAP® Accelerator™ in action. Learn more about what this new, online math tool can do to empower teachers and engage students in your school or district.
Who should watch?
- Curriculum and instruction directors
- Assessment directors
- School leaders
What will you learn?
- How NWEA® and Khan Academy co-developed this online tool
- How MAP Accelerator simplifies differentiation for students at every level
- How MAP Accelerator leverages MAP® Growth™ math scores to immediately put assessment data into action
- How to use MAP Accelerator at the district level to monitor engagement
Mountain View, CA
Sal Khan is the founder and CEO of Khan Academy, a not-for-profit, online learning tool serving more than 18 million learners a month. Sal’s interest in education began while he was an undergraduate at MIT. He developed math software for children with ADHD and tutored fourth- and seventh-grade public school students in Boston. Today he teaches at Khan Lab School, a non-profit laboratory school in Mountain View, California, associated with Khan Academy.
Joel Thomas is a product manager at NWEA specializing in strategic partnerships. Joel worked as a middle school and high school teacher before becoming an assistant principal. Since then, he has used his expertise in pedagogy, curriculum design, and student data analysis to help build products that solve real problems for teachers and students.